Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bummed

I had a morning at Cape Banks. I did many lovely HDR phtoos which can be seen on my flickr and I had taken my analogue bag,. As the scenery was so lovely, I took my fresh film from Lomography in Hongkong.  Mostly 200 and 400 film.  All colour. I wanted to capture the beauty around me in analogue. My trusty Lubitel 166B and Cmema and to get the 360 view, my Spinner 360.
I was very excited to drop off 4 Medium format films and the spinner film to my developer and even more excitedly went to pick them up today.

Odd colours from Lubitel




Odd colours from Lubitel




Odd colours from Lubitel




Odd colours from Lubitel




Spinner Roll 3 x-ray damage?


Here I was crestfallen. My lovely photos were monochomatic. All green. Now I have used these cameras before and gotten nice colours with a ISO 100 Fujicolor film (Expired) and I had such high hopes for the Chrome 200.  I thought of many reasons but these films are the only ones I have received from overseas. All others film so far, I have received has come from Australia, and so not gone throught the stringent customs x-rays that these had.

Odd colours from Lubitel
See! It can do normal colours

I wonder is there would be another suggestion. I am open to ideas.

All I can say was the detail was captured faithfully, and IF I had been after lomo style photos I would be thrilled but I wanted colour.. :-(  Seriously bummed

I has in a happy bubbly mood this AM only to find this brought me down with a crash. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment